If you’re interested in supporting STARS in 2023, here are some suggestions on how your donation will help sustain our mission:
- A recurring donation of $25 per month will enable 50 adults in DTA to participate in a weekly music, movement and memory workshop.
- A donation of $500 will help cover the rising cost of fuel for our 11 HCBS professionals who visit participants in their homes each day.
- A donation of $1000 will allow STARS to provide – for the first time – a level of assistance to jobseekers hired through our CIE program, including:
- Work apparel – although there are many businesses providing employees with branded polo shirts & tees, the balance of an employee’s wardrobe (e.g. pants, undergarments, shoes) must be self-funded. These expenses can be daunting to a low-income wage earner.
- Accessories – a purse or backpack are the standard items, particularly for consumers of public-transit. And don’t forget the lunchbox!
- Technology – employers increasingly leverage technology to keep employees informed about work schedules, company news and general communications. Options include smart devices such as phones, watches and laptops – all of which require a cellular subscription plan and internet access.
Your continued support will sustain our vision to provide exemplary programs with measurable outcomes that focus on individualized achievement and offer supplemental support for participant families.
I encourage you to contact me at email@example.com to discuss additional ways in which we might put your generosity to work for STARS participants.
President & CEO